Monday, February 13, 2012

Grammy Award Recap

Well… talk about a predictable yawner.
Although I’ve been focused on the Oscars, the Grammy’s have been on my radar and I was pretty certain Adele was going to take the Grammy Awards by storm… and in a fashion that only the Grammy’s have perfected, it took six different awards to tell Adele how awesome she is.  Boring.
Listen, I love Adele… but I loathe the Grammy’s.
Other predictable winner were Bon Iver for ‘Best New Artist’, Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse for ‘Best Pop Duo/Group Performance’, the Foo Fighters sweep of the Rock genre, Cee Lo Green’s two R&B awards, Kanye’s sweep of the Rap genre… Taylor Swift’s two Country Grammy’s… do I really need to go on?
Now, the one fun part about the awards was Betty White’s win for ‘Best Spoken Word Album’.  Betty is now half way to her EGOT!
Other than that… there are just too many awards to care all that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment