Friday, December 23, 2011

Reviews: ‘Hanna’ (B)

Hanna’ (B)
Directed by: Joe Wright ‘(Atonement’ and ‘Pride and Predjudice’)
Starring: Saoirse Ronan (‘The Lovely Bones’), Eric Bana (‘Munich’), and Cate Blanchett (‘The Aviator’)
I’ve been excited about ‘Hanna’ ever since I saw the preview last summer while in Pakistan... and it certainly lived up to the hype I built up in my head.  It was really great! 
That said, if you dig those run of the mill mindless shoot ‘em up, over the top action flicks we’re accustom to in the States… ‘Hanna’ might not be your speed.  This is nothing like ‘Salt’.
Although ‘Hanna’ has elements of an action thriller, its pace is more reminiscent of a drama, which makes a lot of sense when you look at director Joe Wright’s resume.  He took this script and played it to his strengths, which I think was a benefit to the overall product.

I highly recommend this film!

No comments:

Post a Comment