Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Movie Award Season Begins NOW!

Game on. 
I live for this time of year.
Seriously, what with my work life overseas and my family life with two young kids, it is very hard for me to see a ton of movies… and even when I do, my viewing habits are undisciplined and unfocused.  I just go see movies at random and most of the time they’re with my five year-old… so we’re normally seeing ‘G’ rated fare.
However… that all changes during awards season when the nomination list start coming out:  The Golden Globes, American Film Institute, Critics Choice, Screen Actors Guild, Writers Guild, Directors Guild… whoever! 
This time a year sets the ground rules... it gives me an organized and focused list of movies that are actually in contention… and thus begins my two month movie marathon leading up to the Oscar broadcast.  A marathon my wife grins and bares in return for my willingness to watch ‘Top Chef’ and ‘Project Runway’ the rest of the year.
As I said at the opening of this post: “Game on!” 
As the season progresses, my posts will probably be more frequent and definitely more focused as I start tearing through nomination list.
More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment