Saturday, October 22, 2011

Peter Jackson and ‘The Hobbit’

Okay… so I am terrible ashamed.  I feel like I’ve been living under some rock in the middle of some 3rd world country… er… wait a minute… I have!
But, living in Pakistan and a random Dutch speaking South American country is no excuse!  It has been over a year since Peter Jackson was named director of ‘The Hobbit’ films!  And I just hear about it a few days ago!!!!
I am seriously lost as a human being.
Anyway, no matter how late I am coming to the table, I am beyond enthusiastic about the return of Peter Jackson to the director’s chair of this project.  Although I think Guillermo del Toro is a wonderful direct and was THE perfect choice for replacing Jackson, I think something would have been missing for everyone… and most importantly there would have been something missing for Peter Jackson himself, as an artist. 
Jackson started this journey over 10 years ago, well before ‘Fellowship of the Ring’ hit theatres, so knowing Jackson will be completing his vision of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle Earth saga in its entirety is somehow comforting and existing.
It’s a good day for EGOTing.

No comments:

Post a Comment